Turn design into interactive, clickable prototypes that allows users, stakeholders and designers to explore services and products before commitment to development. My personal tool preferences are InVision and Axure.
What is a prototype?
A prototype is simply a simulation of a final product, and they’re common practice throughout all industries as well us web design and User Experience. An interactive mockup and provides the opportunity to test the feasibility and usability of the design before we commit to code. A prototype can be created for websites, apps, widgets tools and any software types that include an interface.
The benefits of prototyping
- Figure out what works and what doesn’t
- Identify problems that otherwise would have been missed
- Properly test and communicate user-interface design before committing to development
- Opportunity to bring users and project stakeholders into the design process
- Design specifically for devices and platforms with responsive and mobile prototypes
- Test with real content and mimic real-life environments
- I can’t reiterate enough, Prototyping is an integral part of the UX design process, if a good user experience is the ultimate goal of your product, then at least some level of prototyping is necessary.
Need help with your UX?
If you’re looking for help with your project or have a few questions, I’m happy to help.